Consumer (Premium) Card Offer from Amex Bank of Canada.
- Earn 25,000 Bonus Aeroplan®* Miles. Receive 20,000 bonus miles after your first use of the Card, plus 5,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in your first three months of Card membership
- Earn 1.25 miles for every dollar in purchases you charge to the Card, up to 25,000
- Accelerate your earn rate to 1.5 miles for every dollar in purchases over $25,000 annually
- Enjoy a 2-for-1 short-haul flight reward when you redeem 15,000 Aeroplan Miles, with the Partner Ticket benefit
- Bypass the regular check-in line at the airport with access to Air Canada Executive First®*/Executive Class®* Priority Airport Check-in
- Go confidently with coverage that's as broad as your horizons, including Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance, Emergency Medical Insurance (out of province/country), and much more.
- American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. *As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Conditions apply
N/A* Intro APR
N/A*Intro APR Period
N/A*Late Payment Fee
- Instant Decision Card
- Reward Card
The American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum card is a card that is filled with benefits. As a charge card, it allows you to take advantage of travel, shopping, and event benefits even though you are required to pay the balance in full each billing cycle. For an annual fee that is more than paid for by the many benefits, cardholders are able to experience exclusive flight seating, access to hundreds of lounges around the world, and more. There is also a list of travel insurances to ensure the cardholder doesn't have to worry about emergencies. All the cardholder has to do is charge the travel tickets to the card and the trip is covered for the cardholder, their spouse, and any dependent children. Supplemental cardholders enjoy the same benefits.
Shoppers are also able to take advantage through different types of merchandise protection. Through the Buyer's Assurance Protection Plan, cardholders are able to protect merchandise purchased with the card from physical damage and theft. The Purchase Protection Plan extends manufacturer's warranties.
In short, cardholders can take advantage of fraud protection, Emergency card replacement, 24/7 customer service, and online account management. This is known as a full-service card that knows how to take care of its members.
The review is prepared by CreditCards-Offer™ Canada staff. Opinions expressed therein are solely those of the reviewer.
Rewards & Benefits
- Other Reward Cards
- Travel Reward Cards
- 1.25 miles for every dollar in purchases you charge to the Card, up to 25,000
- 1.5 miles for every dollar in purchases over $25,000 annually
- Access to Air Canada Executive First®*/Executive Class®* Priority Airport Check
- Use the Pearson Priority Security Lane
- Access to the Fairmont President's Platinum Club membership
- Relax in over 600 lounges worldwide
- Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance
- Emergency Medical Insurance
- Choose from Economy or Executive Class seats
- Refer a friend and earn a referral bonus
- Buyer's Assurance® Protection Plan
- Purchase Protection® Plan
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Emergency Card Replacement
- Fraud Protection Guarantee
- Manage your account online
- Front Of The Line®
- Reserved Seating
Card Finance & Rates
*American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link.
To save time, make sure you can say yes to the following before applying for the American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card.
- You are a Canadian resident and have a Canadian credit file.
- You are of the age of majority in the province or territory where you live.
- You have an annual personal income of $40,000 or more.
- In the past 7 years, you have not filed for bankruptcy.
The information provided for the American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card is considered to be accurate at the time of posting (Aug 7, 2015). However, we strongly advise site visitors to check the terms and conditions applicable to the product on the card issuers application page prior to completing an application.
Please note that all applications feature secure SSL technology for your online protection.